25 January 2013

thunder perfect mind


I've just rediscovered Jordan and Ridley Scott's incredible short film for Prada. The music, costumes, and narrative are equally strong elements that, combined, create a compelling aesthetic. I wish I could find the music track used; I only know that John Altman is the composer. The dance scene was stunning. Loose, flexible, natural movement and unusually jazzy costumes in contrast with the rest of the film...fairly reminiscent of clubbing in Cuba. My favorite of the costumes was the corset and coat near the end. Obviously it reiterated the theme of the lack of static in a woman's character, the intimacies behind her expression as she betrays nothing. But on a purely materialistic level, let's just say, Miuccia Prada can dress me any day.






et voici le film:

No comments:

Post a Comment